meta data for this page
Multitouch App Code Camp 2013
Code Camp Week: Week 4 Monday 13.5 - Friday 17.5 2013 Room no: 6218
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
News & Notes
Code Camp Week
Location 6218 basement computer lab
- Start time on Monday 13.5.2013 at 9:00
|09:15||Introduction to Code Camps||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code Complete|
|10:15||Idea generation and group formation||Coding||Coding||Coding||Presentations|
|12:00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Presentations complete: Winner announced|
|13:00||Windows 8 and multitouch technical briefing||Coding||Coding||Coding||Closing|
|14:15||Briefing continues / Presentation preparation||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|18:00||Idea presentations at the LUT beach sauna||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding|
To be announced
Two (to three) person teams:
Requirements for projects
- Release a Windows 8 style app that uses touch controls.
- Publish the app in the Windows 8 store. If you are unable to publish after a serious attempt, come to talk with the course assistant.
Return requirements for groups and the return schedule
- On Friday, at the end of the course, you need to have
- Five minute presentation about your program (idea, motivation, goals, technology used, what was actually implemented etc.)
- Five minute demonstration of your working program
- = Total presentation time of 10 minutes
- Group members
- Some explanatory charts optionally
- Link to your source code repository, or have the project in the wiki page
- Future requirements but in short:
- Present your app in a short feedback meeting the 24th or 28th of June
- Finish and publish your app successfully before mid-June
Discussion and the Q&A
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 25%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp Report 20%
Publish in the app store to at least double the coding section grading. (+ 1-2 grades)
If you have questions about code camp send email to Antti Knutas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Windows 8 apps
MonoGame / XNA
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Registration link is on the front page.