meta data for this page
Sustainability CodeCamp - Spring 2016
CT30A9301 Code Camp on Platform Based Application Development (4 cr)
Week 9, 29.2.2016 - 4.3.2016
Location: LUT computer lab 6218
Start: 29.2.2016 at 9AM Topic: HomeAutomation .. save energy (and world) by automizing some home controls
- Let's get started at 9AM!
- Guidelines for Friday's presentation:
- 20min per group
- Emphasis on the software and the solution you have created
- Present first on how you saw the problem in the case
- Then go on to how you designed the solution and present the design decision
- Do not forget to present all of your vision. You probably did not have the time to implement everything during the week. Show your entire vision in the presentation before going to the implementation. How cool would your finalized solution be?
- Feel free to paste useful links here!
Slides from the opening lecture
-includes instructions for the final presentation
Code Camp Week
Location 6218 basement computer lab
- Course starts on Monday at 9:00AM.
- Project returns at 10AM on Friday (in the Code Camp week)
- Social event on Monday at 6PM in the LUT beach sauna
|Starting group presentation
|Idea brainstorming and group formation / Rapid prototyping
|Progress reports by all teams at sauna
|Group 5 Awesome Perccomies
|Joseph El Khoury
Return requirements for groups and the return schedule (TODO)
- On Friday, at the end of the course, you need to have
- Five minute presentation about your program (idea, motivation, goals, technology used, what was actually implemented etc.)
- Proposed talk topics
- Design plan
- How you used open data, and which sources
- Experiences about the platform
- One or two things in the source code that you are most proud of and think that might be useful to others
- Five minute demonstration of your working program
- Proposed talk topics
- The application flow and features
- The user experience with the application
- Showcase your best features and explain how they are cool or useful
- = Total presentation time of 10 minutes
- Finished your wiki page and linked it to this one. Use this or this as an example for your wiki page.
- Group members
- Features (with screen captures!)
- Which kind of technology, platforms, access methods you have used
- Some explanatory charts (optionally)
- Your project folder compressed and uploaded to the wiki OR a public link to your Git or Mercurial repository
- In one week, (i.e. 7 days from from your final presentations)
- Update your wiki page with:
- Five page project report on the same themes as your wiki pages. Write more on these themes and also put the content back on your wiki page. Remember to address the business case!
- Use the same criteria as in the wiki page. Use a seminar paper template. (except no literature review required here, of course)
- One page poster about your project (see examples from previous years, also upload this poster to the wiki)
- Make this more like an advertisement. Try to sell your idea and solution in here! Also: Try to make it so that it'd look good in your CV.
- Project source code OR a link to your public repository (good places are Github or Bitbucket)
Discussion and the Q&A
- See our new team platform for team status (link upcoming)
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week. You are fully evaluated based on your working during the code camp.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 25%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp report 20%