Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs. During a code camp, students write programs together, solve problems related to their work together, eat together and even might relax together in a sauna.
This page is a portal that compiles information about all the Code Camps that are going on at LUT and cooperating universities. Usually at LUT there is one or two Code Camps for each semester (fall, spring and summer). Course signup method depends on the arranging organisation and persons. Please read more information and the find the sign up link about each Code Camp in its individual section. Also, check out our Facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/groups/lut.tech/ !
2015-2016 Code Camps
Upcoming Code Camps:
- Otso Case Code Camp, 24.10.2016 - 28.10.2016 (CT10A7040 Code Camp, 4 cr) - A business case -based Code Camp with a local company, LTC Otso. Brainstorm and bring out your most creative ideas for the health and wellbeing sector! Develop new application for engaging user to improve his / her or the team/company health and wellbeing. Application should encourage user to perform actions that are beneficial for health purposes. This can be walking, exercising, dieting, regular sleeping, mindfulness anything you can think of! The application could be either web application or mobile app. You can work with any prototyping tool you are familiar with from React to Unity.
- We start on Monday 24.10. in the Linux classroom at 09:30AM and conclude by Friday afternoon with project presentations.
- Signup for the course in order to receive updates and materials! Sign up HERE
- Course pages open by the end of week 42. Course is on week 43 from Monday to Friday.
- If you have questions or comments, write to Antti Knutas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See course pages: Otso Case 2016 pages
Past Code Camps:
- 5.8. - 7.8.2016 - Gadget CodeCamp - see Gadget CodeCamp 2016 pages
- Gamification Protocamp, 18.4.-22.4.2016 (Independent part of CT60A8000 Game Development Project, 2 cr) - A short, one week protocamp where the concept is to design a gamified service or product, or application for Serious Games or Games for Health, and develop the first proof-of-concept prototype either by programming work, visual design, paper mockups, interactive play, balladic rock-opera, or any other way you consider feasible!
- No prior programming experience needed!
- No pre-signup, just show up on the introduction lecture and start designing!
- Recommended especially for the student enrolled on the course CT30A5110 Gamification - from Concepts to Implementations
- More info at “CT60A8000 Game Development Project” Noppa-pages.
- Sustainability Code Camp, 29.2. - 4.3.2016 (Week 9) (Code Camp on Platform Based Application Development, 4 cr) - Code Camp on sustainability with a visiting Professor Olaf Droehagen from Hartz University, Germany. Development platform and theme is home automation. No signup. Just arrive to Linux-classroom 6218 on Monday 29.2. at 9:00 AM.
- Course pages HERE
Upcoming Code Camps and Courses
Registration for these Code Camps is open or going to open soon
Previous Code Camps
Code Camps that have been finished this year
Gadget Code Camp - August 2016
Gadget Code Camp – Hacking Technology (1 cr)
72h weekend: 5.8. - 7.8.2016
More information and schedule: Gadget CodeCamp 2016 pages
There's a weekend-long Gadget Code Camp at Lappeenranta University of Technology! Brainstorm and bring out your most creative ideas! Develop for all sorts of gadgets from eye trackers to brainwave scanners. We will bring out all the exotic gadgets that the IT department has collected into its storage through the years. What's the most creative you can implement with these devices? The weekend event will be held at the university beachfront sauna.
Course arrangements and news, in brief:
- Location: LUT Beachfront Sauna
- Main contact persons are Antti Knutas (email@example.com)
- Bring your own laptop (no PCs available)
See the summer school description at http://www.lut.fi/web/en/admissions/lut-summer-school/academic-guidelines/courses . (For summer school participants - everyone can sign up for the Gadget Code Camp, even if you are not participating in the summer school!)
Code Camp's In Media
- 2014-02-24 Lappeenrannassa pikakoulutetaan ohjelmointia Jollan Sailfish-käyttöjärjestelmälle – Tekniikka&talous
- 2014-02-24 Jollalle aivan uudentyyppinen koodarijoukko - "win-win-tilanne" – Talouselämä
- 2010-10-18 LUT ja Digia tehokouluttavat yhdessä Qt-osaajia - LUT Press Release
- 2010-03-13 Android-sovelluksia taotaan tehokurssilla - IT-viikko
- 2010-03-13 Tehokurssilla koodataan Android-sovelluksia – Digitoday
- 2010-03-13 LUT: Opiskelijat koodaavat ohjelmistoja Android-matkapuhelimiin – Kauppalehti
- 2009-10-21 Koodileirillä päntätään Qt-teknologiaa – IT-Viikko
- 2009-10-16 LUT ja IT Mill: Tulevaisuuden nettisovellusten huippuosaajia koulutetaan – Kauppalehti
- 2009-10-16 Vaadin: Rakenna nettisovellus rajatussa ajassa – IT-Viikko
- 2009-10-08 LUT's Information technology students win technology competition – LUT
- 2008-11-18 TKK:lle opetuskäyttöön IT Millin ria-välineet – IT-Viikko
- 2008-09-01 LTY:n koodileirit leviävät – IT-Viikko
- CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering in LUT Noppa