meta data for this page
.NET Code Camp 2012
Code Camp Week: Week 4 Monday 23.1 - Friday 27.1 2011 Room no: 6218
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
News & Notes
- Return requirements have now been posted on the page
How to participate in local semifinals
First feedback session on Friday 3rd of Feb. Pick your time.
- 10-11 Donut
- 12-13 TeamOne
- 14-15 Dev4Fun
Code Camp Week
Location 6218 basement computer lab
- Start time on Monday 23.1.2011 at 10:30
|10:15||Idea brainstroming and group formation msimaginecupjp.pdf codecamp_start.pdf||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code complete|
|13:00||Idea brainstorming and group formation||Coding||Coding||Coding||Demo|
|14:15||Idea brainstorming and group formation / Coding||Coding||Coding||Coding||Closing|
|17:00||Idea presentations at sauna (wiki page ready)||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding||Feedback|
To be announced
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3||Name 4|
|BOBS||Track Vacc||Mudari Bhupesh||Zahir Babur||Chandra Shekar||Oskar Sonninen|
|LUT2||Project name||Person 1||Person 2||Person 3||Person 4|
|apuva||EcoDriver||Anna Osipova||Miikka Kosonen||Timo Kiviharju|
|Dev4Fun||Books4All||Alex Ovcharenko||Camilo Cifuentes||Mihai Iusan||Nikolaos Paraschou|
|Donut||Project name||Jussi Viitamäki||Annina Järvenpää||Mehar Ullah||Boris Momot|
|LUT-X||G3A||Bishal Karki||Tommi Kallonen||Antti Knutas|| Tommi Kähkönen
Requirements for projects
Use one or more of the following technologies in the project:
- a. Either an implementation or the consumption of an XML Web Service
- b. Windows 7
- c. Windows 8 Developer Preview
- d. Windows Live SDK
- e. Use of Windows Phone technologies
- f. Windows Phone SDK
- g. Xbox Kinect SDK
- h. Use of Windows Embedded technologies
- i. Silverlight
- j. Azure for implementing a S+S architecture application
- k. Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK
- l. Windows Touch technologies and use of Windows Touch API’s and events
Return requirements for groups and the return schedule
- On Friday you need to have
- Ten minute presentation about your program (idea, motivation, goals, technology used, what was actually implemented etc.)
- Ten minute demonstration of your working program
- Group members
- Some explanatory charts optionally
- Your project source code as a zip
- In a week (before 3.2.2012) send an email to Antti Knutas ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with
- One page poster about your project (see examples from previous years)
- Email has to have topic [CC2012] Group X (for example: [CC2012] Group 2)
- Include project source code (remove binaries in bin and opt!) and the project report document in the email
- Don't upload project source or project report to the wiki
- Include link to your wiki page in the email
- Finally upload the poster to the wiki page
- Before March 1st sign up your team in Imagine Cup Software Design or Windows Phone category and submit your work
- See the details and links HERE
The feedback day for the reports will be announced on week 5. Attending the feedback day and presenting your report is mandatory.
Discuss coding etc. problems
- IRC : irc.freenode.net
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 25%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp report 20%
If you have questions about code camp send email to Antti Knutas (email@example.com).
Some basic Tutorials links: . C#.net:
- Link1: Visual C# .NET Programming
- Link2: C# Language Syntax
- Link3: Data types in C#
- Link4: Property in C# class
- Link7: C# Guided Tour
- PLEASE ADD!
- Link1: ASP.NET tutorials
- Link3: ASP.NET Tutorial This is quite good but the backend script language used is VB. still you can get idea for c# as well..not much difference.
- Link6: ScottGu's Blog
- Link1: Ajax tutorials
Windows Phone 7 Programming:
- Link1: CSS Quick Tutorial
- Link2: CSS Structure and Rules
- Link3: CSS Properties
- Link4: Linking Style Sheets to HTML
- Link5: Displaying XML with CSS
- Link1: LINQ to SQL 5min
- MS SQL:
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Registration link is on the front page.