meta data for this page
WP7(Windows Phone 7 Code Camp 2011
Code Camp Week: Week 21 Monday 16.5 - Friday 20.5.2011 Room no: ML 6428
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
News & Notes
- Presentation and demonstration starts at 12:00.
- Each Team is allowed 30 minutes for presentation, demonstration and question answers.
- All the teams should upload their project and presentation in the wiki as a zip package.
- Each team should submit the report of their work by 27.05.2011 23:59. The report should not be more than 5 pages long. The report should be sent through email to email@example.com
- Strictly :
- Report should not be more than 5 pages
- Must send the report.pdf by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: 27.05.2011 23:59).
- Zip package your entire work and Upload it to the wiki page.
- The Code camp starts at 9:00 with short introduction to the course and will be continued by the video lectures from University of Helsinki.
- Social evening starts at 18:00 at department sauna at 7th floor in 6th building. Sauna will be heated from 19:00 till 22:00.
- Please contact Bishal Raj Karki (email@example.com) for any questions or queries.
- Use the following link to register to the course events.
- Code complete and demo instructions.
Code Camp Week
Location 6428 Windows Classroom
- Start time on Monday 16.5.2011 at 9:00
|08:15||Starts at 9(Introduction and then Video Lecture from University of Helsinki )||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code Finalizing|
|10:00||Video Lecture from University of Helsinki||Coding||Coding||Coding||Code complete|
|13:00||Video Lecture from University of Helsinki||Coding||Coding||Coding||Demo|
|14:15||Video Lecture from University of Helsinki||Coding||Coding||Coding||Closing|
|18:00||Social event and sauna(6th building 7th floor)||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||Coding||Coding||Deadline style Coding||Feedback|
- To be updated after the code camp.
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3|
|LUT1||Wild Train||Petri Ryhänen||Rostislav Malevich|
|LUT2||TEAM NAME||Student 1||Student 2||Student 3|
|LUT3||FindIT||Mihai Iusan||Camilo Cifuentes||Alex Ovcharenko|
|LUT4||MobileProperty||Arttu Hanska||Saeedeh Mehrouzi||Nana Assyne|
|LUT5||Epic Watch||Nuh Mohammed||Sidhartha Yalavarthi||Udhyan timilsina|
WP7 CodeCamp Minimal Requirements
- XAP Application must be created in
- either Silverlight
- Application must have either Panorama control or pivot control(for UI)
- Application must include multiple screens and transitions between screens.
- Application must preserve state so that input data on the screen does not get lost after call/camera interruptions (Tombstoning).
- or XNA Game Studio
- Game must use accelerometer, touch control, GPS etc
- Game must preserve state when call or other interruption(camera, home key pressed) occurs, so that game wont restart from the very beginning after the call(Tombstoning).
- Game must have multiple play levels.
- Game should store user credentials(nick, game points/scores, current game level etc) and must provide the list of top scorers.
Discuss coding etc. problems
- IRC : irc.freenode.net
- Forums ⇒ will be there soon!!
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
- Participation in any of previous code camps on .NET
- Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp is intensive course and idea is to focus on coding during the week, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 15%
- Coding of the implementation: 40%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp report 15%
If you have questions about code camp send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some basic Tutorials links: . C#.net:
- Link1: Visual C# .NET Programming
- Link2: C# Language Syntax
- Link3: Data types in C#
- Link4: Property in C# class
- Link7: C# Guided Tour
- Link1: ASP.NET tutorials
- Link3: ASP.NET Tutorial This is quite good but the backend script language used is VB. still you can get idea for c# as well..not much difference.
- Link6: ScottGu's Blog
- Link1: Ajax tutorials
Windows Phone 7 Programming:
- More will appear here soon
- Link1: CSS Quick Tutorial
- Link2: CSS Structure and Rules
- Link3: CSS Properties
- Link4: Linking Style Sheets to HTML
- Link5: Displaying XML with CSS
- MS SQL:
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Enroll to course CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering in Webropol