meta data for this page
Code Camp on Agile Java Development by Capgemini
CT30A9300 Code Camp on Communications Engineering (4 cr)
Location: Computer lab 6216
Theme: Java Enterprise Edition development with agile methods. Development from a consulting point of view.
Main contact person is Antti Knutas (email@example.com)
- 2012-10-15 Course started.
- 2012-10-19 Course questionnaire opened at http://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/C28E95DBDF72FCE7.par
Requirements for Grading
- Fifteen minute demos on Friday 19.10. (starting at 9AM)
- Demo your (working) application!
- You have pretty free hands: How would you present your product to a client?
- Basic wiki page complete on Friday 19.10. with
- Team information
- SCRUM process (backlog, implemented backlog items)
- Feature list (plus screenshots)
- Slides from presentation, if any
- Both the exported project from the GGSS IDE and the exported .WAR file
- Final report uploaded to the wiki by 2.11.
- The entire SCRUM process documented (what backlog items were implemented, who implemented, what was left unimplemented from the backlog, etc.)
- Document the SCRUM from the second, post-codecamp sprint
- Final report that documents your program structure and features
- User stories included in the final report and what stories led to what features
- Accurate description of functionalities
- The development process and lessons learned
- How you used the MVC pattern with Grails
- Final program version updated to the wiki by 2.11. (optional)
- More features implemented leads to better grading of the program
- Remember to update the wiki and mention in the report what features were added
- Course questionnaire filled by everybody by 2.11.
Upload all the materials to your group's wiki page.
First files available after 14:00 on 15th.
- http://www.springsource.org/downloads/sts-ggts (get version Groovy/Grails Tool Suite 3.1.0.RELEASE - based on Eclipse Juno 4.2.1)
- http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#database_url (Store H2 database to disk)
Code Camp Virtual Machine
Use VMWare Player 4.0.4. You find it pre-installed on classroom machine.
Password: 10project10 (change it later if you'd like)
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
To ask questions and get answers, go to the questions and answers page.
Code Camp Schedule
Code Camp weekend @ 6216 Computer Lab 15.10.2012 - 15.10.2012
- Start time on Monday 15.10.2012 at 9:00AM
|08:00||Finalizing code / code complete|
|09:00||Lecture: Introduction||Lecture: Agile methods||Lecture: Java Technologies||Java case example||Final presentations with Demo/Sprint review|
|10:00||Lecture: CSD Project Lifecycle||Coding|
|12:00||Estimation and solutioning||Lecture: Project work/Product backlog & Sprint planning||Project work/daily standup||Coding||Feedback and closure|
|14:00||Lecture: Project case & assignment||Coding||Coding||Coding|
|17:00||N/A||Social event / sauna||Coding||Coding|
|02:00||N/A||Coding?||Coding||Deadline style Coding|
- Facilitators present Mon-Thu 09:00-16:00, Fri 09:00~12:00
- Breaks - you can ask if needed
- Coffee, lunch 11:30 -12:00
- 3 person groups
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3||Name 4|
|grp0||Sample Team||Person 1||Person 2||Person 3|
|grp1||Group 01||Yasir Ali||Zahid Butt||Saeed Mirzaeifar|
|grp2||Group 02||Saeedeh Mehrouzi||Camilo||Srikanth||Joshua Adomako|
|grp4||Group 04||Mehar Ullah||Esa Hiiva||Alexander Fürthmaier|
|grp5||Group 05||Mihai Iusan||Ivan Verdezoto||Svetlana Afanasyeva|
|grp6||Group 06||Alexey Kazarnikov||Maria Fedotenkova||Galina Lavrentyeva|
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 40%
- Demonstration: 15%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
See front page.
What are recommended skills for code camp ?
See front page.
I have a exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
The Code Camp is held at Lappeenranta, which has good public transportation and travel options for people coming further away. The event itself is held at Lappeenranta University of Technology, which can be reached by several bus lines coming from the city center.
Please note that while the code camp does not have participation fee, there are no any services available from university. You need to do your own travel, accommodation and other arrangements.
- http://www.karelia-park.fi/english/ - summer hotel
- http://www.cumulus.fi/hotellit/lappeenranta/en_GB/lappeenranta/ - ordinary hotel
- http://www.sokoshotels.fi/en/hotels/lappeenranta/ - ordinary hotel
The university food services are open during the week from 10:30AM to 06:00PM. The other available places to get food are Selam kebab pizzeria and S-Market grocery store. Selam is open late, and S-Market usually until at least 6PM on weekends and later during the week.
If you have questions about code camp send email to antti dot knutas at lut dot fi.