meta data for this page
Cross-Platform HTML5+JS Code Camp 2013
Code Camp Weekend: Friday 14.6. - Saturday 15.6.2013 Room no: 6218
CT10A9700 Summer School on Communications Engineering (2 cr)
News & Notes
- Registration open
- Course pages open
- Remember to reserve a time for your project return. Details under the header “Return requirements for groups and the return schedule”.
- Competition! Publish your JS app and the team that gets most downloads in the app store by November 1st will win bluetooth speakers.
Code Camp / WOrkshop Schedule
Location 6218 basement computer lab
Workshop is from 9AM to 3PM on Tuesday
Code Camp is from Tuesday 9AM until Wednesday midday
- Start time on Tuesday 15.10.2013 at 9:00
- 09:00 - 11:00 Technology Briefing
- 10:00 Coffee Break
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch and group forming
- 13:00 → Coding
- 16:00 PhoneGap & PhoneGap Build tech demo
- Presentations on Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00
Feedback times and return deadlines
To be announced (return for deadlines roughly two weeks after the course weekend)
Two (to three) person teams:
|Group||Application||Name 1||Name 2||Name 3|
|Group 1||Match Pairs||Poorang Vosough||Alireza Adli|
|Group 2||Treasure Hunter||Teemu Virta||Eero Pajunen|
|Group 3||Boiler Room||Esko Naski||Tatu Huttunen||Joonas Kylmälä|
|Group 4||Shopping List||Kalle Kareinen||Teemu Hokkanen|
|Group 5||Earth Defence Deluxe||Kimmo Bordi||Arttu Tolvanen|
|Group 6||jokuruokajuttu||Ville Tele|
|Group 7||Supra Ball||Arttu Urpalainen||Rasmus Halsas|
|Group 8||Pool||Janne Tallqvist||Sami Tarkiainen|
|Group 9||SunClock||Anna Osipova||Joonas Pohjala|
Requirements for projects
- Return a poster and a five page report /OR/ a poster and a published Windows 8 / WP8 / Android / iOS app
Return requirements for groups and the return schedule
- On Wednesday, at the end of the Code Camp, you need to have
- Five minute presentation about your program (idea, motivation, goals, technology used, what was actually implemented etc.)
- Five minute demonstration of your working program
- = Total presentation time of 10 minutes
- Group members
- Some explanatory charts optionally
- Link to your source code repository, or have the project in the wiki page
- By Thursday 24.10., you need to have
- Reserved a time for your final return meeting with the course assistant.
- Reserve a time for Thursday HERE
- A finished application for presentation
- A poster
- A published app in any of the application stores (iOS, Android, Windows Phone / Windows 8) OR a 5 page report about your development process
Discussion and the Q&A
Q&A goes here. Feel free to edit!
What are recommended skills/requirements for code camp ?
Programming experience(I hope you all have some…if not..then you'll have one during this code camp) and of course learning INTEREST is the most.
Can I prepare to Code Camp ?
Yes. During code camp week we will brainstorm a software idea, design it and code it. Getting good ideas might sometimes be hard and thinking about different ideas before code camp makes it faster to get into coding part.
I have an exam in Code Camp week ?
You are free to go exam, but code camp in intensive course and idea is to focus coding during the well, so it is recommended you prepare to exam before the code camp week.
Grading 1-5 from
- Idea and presentation of the Idea in wiki: 25%
- Coding of the implementation: 25%
- Presentation: 10%
- Code Camp Spirit: 20%
- Code camp Report 20%
Publish in the app store to at least double the coding section grading. (+ 1-2 grades)
If you have questions about code camp send email to Antti Knutas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- http://phonegap.com/ - PhoneGap
- https://build.phonegap.com/ - PhoneGap build
- http://docs.phonegap.com/en/edge/guide_platforms_index.md.html - PhoneGap getting started
Windows 8 HTML5 apps
HTML5 + JS basics
What is Code Camp ?
Code Camp is a learning and hacking experience. The code camp approach can be defined as a collaborative learning setting that aims to promote profession-oriented skills. In code camp, the term camp refers to a situation where students assemble and stay a while together. The term code refers to coding, i.e. writing computer programs.
Registration link is on the front page.